A Candidate Certification Panel shall be created to formulate relevant questions to be answered by potential political candidates.
The Panel shall consist of nationally-known and respected contitutional and political scholars.
- One year before every election (2 years for presidential candidates), during the month of January, a Panel shall be
convened for the purpose of conducting a public, Pre-Registration Candidate Quiz ("Polz Quiz").
The Polz Quiz would serve to certify any candidate not certified within the previous eight (8) years.
Obviously, party affiliation shall in no manner influence certification of any individual.
- The Panel shall consist of three (3) Senators from each of the two (2) majority parties, for a total of six (6)
- At its discretion, the Panel shall formulate a set of questions relative to the knowledge of constitutional and
presidential history as well as the duties and protocols deemed necessary to perform required duties.
Each question shall be agreed to by at least five (5) members of the Panel.
- Candidate certification, without which filing of the "STATEMENT OF CANDIDACY FORM" shall not be permitted, shall be decided by the results of the Polz Quiz
in accordance with criteria previously agreed to by at least five (5) members of the Panel.
- For the sake of simplicity and fairness, a "Jeopardy-Style" Polz Quiz
is suggested, where questions presented on a screen must be answered by each potential candidate — in writing — and graded.
- The public Polz Quiz shall, in fact, be held no later than the last day of January and the
results made available to the public no later than forty-eight (48) hours after it has taken place.